Monday, April 20, 2009

IT band issues, ANY help needed!!!?

so i am a very hardcore runner, i run cross country, track and train even in the off seasons.


i am a 15 yr old girl who is in good shape


hoewever, ever since cross country season ended (mid november) i have been having probelms with my ITB


At first it was bothering me on my hip and i had to go to weekly massages (that hurt really bad) and i was stretching, roling and doing strengthening exercises. i still ran.


it has been better for the past 2 months.


however, recently i have been feeling pain in my knee and i have kept up my exercise


yesterday i was running hurdels and i took a step to start my workout and i heard and felt a %26#039;pop%26#039; at my knee. it hurt super bad.


i immediatly iced and stretched it out, but it hurt so bad


today it still hurts VERY bad, and especially hurts to bend my knee or put pressure on it, my hip is also feeling a little sore.


i stretch and do drills before running ALL the time, i get new good running shoes every 2 months and i take good care.


HELP?!?!?

IT band issues, ANY help needed!!!?
This is a partial quote from the source. Ibuprofen is Motrin. Naprosyn (Aleve) is another non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). I am not familiar with the other ones listed.





%26quot;Stop running, especially in the case of severe pain if pain is mild, then reduce training load and intensity, and avoid downhill running and running on cambered surfaces.


Take a course (5 - 7 days) of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen/voltaren/cataflam/mobic) available from your general practitioner or pharmacist.%26quot;



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment