Monday, April 20, 2009

Why do I have numbess in my toes?

I recently went out dancing with my husband. After about 5 1/2 hours I took my shoes off to sore and numb toes. I thought it was just because I wasn%26#039;t use to wearing heels and it would go away. It%26#039;s been a 6 days now and my toes are still numb and tingly. I can walk with no pain but it%26#039;s uncomfortable and bothersim. Did I cause nerve damage? The tingling is mostly in the last 3 toes. I have massaged them, soaked in hot water and elevated them. Nothing seems to work. I am very concerned and would like to know what is going on. WilI the numbness and tingling will ever go away? What should I do? I do hope there is an answer for me, I would love to hear what it is, how it was caused and what i can do to make it go away. Thank you soo much!

Why do I have numbess in my toes?
There are actually 19 diseases that can cause toe numbness. Some of them are:


Toe paresthesias


Paresthesias


Nerve injury


Diabetic neuropathy


Multiple sclerosis


Cervical spondylosis


Peripheral vascular disease


Alcoholic neuropathy


Guillaine-Barre syndrome


SACD


Frostbite


Leprosy





I%26#039;m certain that most of the above doesn%26#039;t apply to you, so please don%26#039;t panic :)





Of those listed above I would think it%26#039;s some kind of toe paresthesias, which yes, can actually be caused by pressure or entrapment. However, if this isn%26#039;t clearing up, I would pay a visit to your doctor, as it could be an indicator of an underlying problem such as nerve injury or PVD - Peripheral vascular disease.





Good luck!



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment