Monday, April 20, 2009

What causes veins to pop out?

I work at a shoe store stockroom and I have to constantly put away shoes. It involves lifting, reaching, stretching, ectera.





Sometime last month, I developed a bump directly on my left arm pit. When I touched it, it felt tender so I thought maybe it was a rash from the deodorant I was using. But this month, the bump is gone and I discovered that it was painful to stretch out my arm all the way forward. No problems with my right. I thought that it a sore arm muscle or ligament was restricting me from extending my arm, but when I felt my arm I could only feel a thick vein running from my arm pit area to my elbow. Looking in the mirror and comparing both upper arms, I could see the outline of the vein on my left.





Why did this happen? It only hurts if I put pressure on it such as clasping my upper arm, massaging it, or extending my arm completely straight. Today will be my second day putting ice on it.





Thanks

What causes veins to pop out?
Man....you need to be chacked as soon as possible...For what you describe, you may have a thrombosis of the basilic vein, the inner vein between the axilla and the elbow, (vein thrombosis is slightly painful, and the nein that pops out is kind of ugly)


The condition is seen in young athletic persons (3 times more common in males), who perform strenuous work or exercise, and need treatment with anticoagulants, rest and an elastic bandage of the ar,


Dont waste any time...go to your doctor for blood clotting test, and doppler ultrasound ASAP..


Hope you get better



microsoft excel

No comments:

Post a Comment